Welcome to Kazuaki Matsui's laboratory
My laboratory is interested in the functions of microbial ecosystems on bacterial horizontal gene transfer and microbial interactions involving the fate of allochthonous genes. I am especially interested in the dissemination nature of the antibiotics and mercury resistance genes in urban aquatic environment. We have now started the diversity and function of bacteria in sewers that represent a recently formed urban microbil ecosystem.
The research relies on the both ecological and molecular approaches, such as analytical measurement of field, microcosm experiments, DNA sequencing, and PCR cloning.
These research shed light on the microbial consortia and their functions in urbanized aquatic environment.
- Our manuscript has just published from ACS ES&T Water.NEW
- Open call for submission "Idea paper-2nd" a new type of scientific article on Ecological Research (submission deadline 31st Augst 2021) here
- "Idea paper" a new type of scientific article, which is aimed at promoting the sharing of research ideas, is to be announced on Ecological Research here
- Homepage Renewal
- Lab-logo is designed!
- Sabbatical leave in Ryan Newton's lab at UWM!
- Our manuscript has just published from Limnology.